A Prayer for Less Love




A Prayer for Less Love





I’ve heard what you say in the name of love

and your favorite word is no.



I’ve seen what you do in the name of love

because the purple bruises still show.



You say you’re a man of love

but that sounds dangerous to me,



so bring me no more love

and show me simple courtesy.







James Reynolds





James Reynolds is a writer who lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.  Some of his work can also be found in upcoming editions of Scarlet Leaf Review and Lighten Up Online.

2 Comments

  1. a moving and powerful piece of lit. my hats off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A piece that touches on the dark and twisted aspects of the human condition. Riveting poem that conveys the ugliness of a toxic kind of love and the sort we need see less of. Beautifully penned.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post