A Great Poet Once Told Me










A Great Poet Once Told Me


  


A great poet once told me,


like a whisper wading


in the darkness of dawn,


that we are masters of our own fate,


and life’s but a walking shadow,


and that we are such stuff


as dreams are made on.


What it all meant, I still


do not know, and I find


myself trying to forget


that poet and all he inspired


me to do.



B.A. Varghese



B. A. Varghese graduated from Polytechnic University (New York) with a degree in Electrical Engineering and is currently working in the Information Technology field. Inspired to explore his literary side, he has earned a B.A. in English from the University of South Florida. His works have appeared in Cleaver Magazine, Apalachee Review, Quail Bell Magazine, and other literary journals. (www.bavarghese.com)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post