Awaiting the Intangible





Awaiting the Intangible





Rousing rumblings

Craving companionship

Infinite inferno

Perceptible; invisible

Rising from within

As slumber cuts off

Tinnitus fades in

Sheets can't provide

The warmth my blood lost

I sit up

A crink in my neck

Throbbing nape

Pangs in chest, abdomen

Signs of a deeper pain –

I recall

In timeless rest

Unaccountable, intangible

Pretending she was with me

The one

Who is not yet here

 




John Tuttle



I'm a creative writer and photographer, having had my writing featured by Inlandia: A Literary Journal, Written Tales, Lit Up, Soft Cartel, and elsewhere. I also have poetry being featured in an upcoming print edition of Scarlet Leaf Review. My fine art photography has been featured in print - by The William and Mary Review - and online by digital journals such as Blue Marble Review, The Manhattanville Review, The formercactus, and OPEN: Journal of Arts and Letters. I'm also a newsletter editor for the London Literary Review.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post