My Lost Battle






My Lost Battle







It's always you I see

when night comes knocking on my door

It pains me even more

Then it's even done before

Now that I've love you eternally

and you've made your prints in my life

I think of you incessantly

Whatever the consequences may be

I know I should forget

I know you're no longer here

But yet I cannot stop dreaming

of all the things that were

Your love for me has faded and vanished

But mine remains forever pure

I was so sure that I had won

But the battle for you

Was for someone else to win





                                                                                 

Poem Translated from Swedish by Jennifer Wellne



  



Jennifer Wellne is a hobby writer born in 1994. She lives in Karlskoga, Sweden and has never before been published. Ariel Chart will be Jennifer's first credit.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post