Tide of Time

 


 
Tide of Time

 

The tide of time washed

against the lost hours of the

night erasing vestiges of

reality as someone tramped

upon my words escaping

from my half-unwritten

poems that were scattered

inside my mind.

 

In the shadowy side of the

night, my thoughts danced

in the darkness of rusting

hours, and ghostly

incantations of ancient

poets screamed in my brain

as I scrambled to lace

meaningful words together

on a piece of rain soaked

parchment, with a rusted

pen.


James Piatt



James, has had several of his poems nominated for both pushcart and best of web awards, and many were published in the past four “The 100 Best Poems Anthologies.” He has had three collections of poetry, “The Silent Pond,” (2012), “Ancient Rhythms,” (2014), and “Light” (2016), four novels, over 1,100 poems in over 150 magazines and anthologies, and 35 short stories, published. His fourth collection of poetry, is scheduled for release this year. He earned his BS and MA from California State Polytechnic University, and his doctorate from BYU.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post