Orange




Orange  

 

In that orange afternoon I first saw you

Breathe you

And at that moment I know you are the woman.

After the sleepless nights the scent of you

Made me love life again

Remove those naked shadows on wall

Paint them for once with happiness

I remember, your silent footsteps

The smell of your lips on my sun burnt dry lips

I can even see the orange skirt of yours

Through the window the afternoon sun came and fell on your face

Perhaps you smiled

Perhaps you too loved me

I don't know but I do know

That day I first smelt

The coming of the Spring.
 
 
Subhadip Majumdar

Subhadip Majumdar is a writer poet from India. He is certified in Creative Writing from University of Iowa.He also edited for a long time a reputed Bengali poetry journal. Wrote a short novel as Tumbleweed writer in Shakespeare and Company, Paris.Two poetry books published and one novel in process of publication. Books published on Van Gogh from New York and a Short Story Collection available in Ebook in amazon.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post