I Wait for Rain





I Wait for Rain



  

 
 



I walk the dog

I read

I watch the wind

Blow the branches

Of the trees

Under a gray sky

That threatens rain

The torrential rain

Here last night

Gone today

But for the threat

Of more

The day begins

Time passes

I watch

I wait

For rain

To cleanse the air

To shift the shadows

Of clouds

Darkened with water

Waiting

To empty their burden

Darkness pervades

Plans change

Empty hours

Of waiting

Umbrellas furled

Leaves drip

From the canopy

Of trees

Remnants of rain

Past

Droplets of water

No longer suspended

Like time

Bent

To conform

To the new

Reality

Holding the moment

With mist

That turns

To rain

 
 

Bruce Levine

 

Bruce Levine, a native Manhattanite, has spent his life as a writer of fiction and poetry and as a music and theatre professional. His literary catalogue includes four novels, short stories, humorous sketches, flash fiction, poetry, essays, magazine articles and a screenplay His works are published in over twenty-five on-line and print journals, over fifteen books, his shows have been produced in New York and around the country and he’s the author of the novellas Reinvented and An Accidental Journey. His work is dedication to the loving memory of his wife, dancer/actress, Lydia Franklin. Visit him at www.brucelevine.com.

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post