Beyond the Mask





 Beyond the Mask

 

I resent your tears as much as your smile.

I await the death of this broken world in a hollow shell

and polish my masks in the meanwhile.

What have I done to deserve this mind of mine?

When I am around you, I feel like it is never the right time.

And every moment I feel joy, it seems like a crime.

You make me feel like a disease,

but what are you if not a cancer?

What am I if not a curse to deter? 

And truth be told, now you just remind me of her.

But I suppose life makes ghosts of us all

and beyond death, there is no cure.

 

 

 



W.D. Frank
W.D. Frank is a surrealist author who has been a fan of everything dark and weird since he was four years old. His first published work was the psychological horror tale, "The Whereabouts Of Mrs Trisha." The folks at Literally Stories loved it so much that they told W.D. he was the best darn writer they ever had... right before they threw a pizza party in his honor. His debut novel Lucifer's Ladder was published by the now defunct Fear Front Publishing while several of his poems and short stories have been published in the Cake & Quill anthologies. (A charity group created by a group of writers who all hate W.D. for stealing their adorable pets and eating their families with a side of vanilla ice cream) W.D.'s ultimate dream is to seduce James Franco and use the actor's almighty stoner powers to create a world where babies aren't allowed in movie theaters. He is also an avid Pokemon fan and will ramble gleefully about Silent Hill or Final Fantasy any day of the week. If you have a problem with that, then by Valtiel's rapidly twitching head, run, rabbit, run!
 

 

 
 
 
 

 

Comments

Popular Posts